Thursday, February 28, 2008

Trees & bushes...


First of all I apologize for not updating lesson sooner but I had the flu and just didn't feel like it BUT I do apologize for the inconvenience! Now as I said before, I want to practice on some very basic tree and bush techniques. You can make any tree incredibly detailed but lets keep it relatively simple to start with. The example photo is another great practice piece. This is a very simple technique I use to create distant pines and the like. It only really requires two of the basic pen techniques we have covered before...fine line work and scribbling. Fine line work outlines the shape of the small pine while the scribbling is used to fill the tree in and give it excellent texture. In the next blog we will cover bushes then jump back on the piece.

No comments: