Tuesday, February 12, 2008

"The dead end road"...details & shadows of the rail


I hope you can see this well enough. I wanted you to see how I have gradually stippled lighter and lighter as I worked to my vanishing point. I also have stippled in the shadows of the vertical rails of the bridge. I stippled these in with extremely tight overlapping stippling to create a very dark distinct shadow. I also have to keep in mind that, because the way I "kind of" play with perspective, I have to cast the shadows as if my light source is coming from many different directions. I love doing this because no matter how "wrong" this may seem...it completely works! It just doesn't look good when I don't do this technique. I also love how as I continually add more and more, the piece is already grabbing you! In the next blog I will complete the rail and and begin working on the distant road towards the gate.

No comments: