Thursday, February 14, 2008

"The dead end road"...snowbanks & shadows continued


I continue working towards my horizon's vanishing point and use my .25 mm pen to work my way stippling in the shadows of the banked snow. Now when you are working on your piece and you are creating snow on your piece, keep in mind that you do not want a lot of really tight detailed stippling on snow. If you try and do this you will quickly begin over working it and adding so much detail to a shadow it just will not look good at all! Try to remember to always keep it simple when you are doing snow in pen & ink. Also study the sample photo to see how I continually & gradually loosen up the tightness of my stippling as I work towards my horizon line. Now, on a separate matter. I am now in the process of moving my "lessons & tips" blog to another site due to the upcoming changes at Yahoo 360. I will try to continue posting blogs here at 360 but the following address will be my main blogging site from now on. anyone & all can still view the lessons there as well as ( hopefully) here. My Flickr photo samples will also remain available for everyone to view and study as needed and I will add a link at the following site: http://www.stacyvaughndavis.blogspot.com/ In the next blog I will jump back over to the left hand side of bridge to begin adding the detail to the shadow cast by the railing and also begin on the snow covered road.

No comments: