Saturday, February 16, 2008

"The dead end road"...distant details


I've once again tried to enlarge this study photo so you can see how I have really loosened the stippling as I went towards the distant end of the bridge. I always draw simple rough outlines of where I may want to indicate shadows. I follow this outline with tighter stippling but as I reach the outer edge of those outlines I put more and more space between each single dot. Do not just go from tight stippling to noticeably spaced stippling, gradually increase the space between each single dot and avoid hitting the same dot twice. It only intensifies the stippling. I really do stress the fact that a bit of practicing before trying to do this type of stippling is a must. I will go over the shading on the left side of bridge and some of the road in the next blog. Also I want to remind everyone I am getting ready to make a switch over to a new site where I will continue posting lessons & tips and any other information you may can use. http://www.stacyvaughndavis.blogspot.com/

No comments: