Monday, February 18, 2008

"The dead end road"...shadows in the shadow


On the banked snow on the left side of bridge that is mostly in shadow I want to begin adding the "shapes" in the snow so I take my .35 mm pen and in a uniform, tight pattern I stipple small ridges and dips in the piled snow. As I did before on the other side I will loosen my stippling pattern when I work towards the outer edge of each shape. Also remember to continually graduate your stippling patterns looser and looser as you work your way back. Your eyes cannot pick up that amount of detail from a great distant so do not try and add it in any of the pieces you are working on. Ignore the shapes of the trees I began working on. I want to go over the basics again of trees before moving on so that is what I will do a quick "go over" in the next blog. And another reminder...I am setting up my new site and will eventually just use it for the lessons so keep the following address! http://www.stacyvaughndavis.blogspot.com/

No comments: