Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"The dead end road"...snow banks and road


Before I begin on the snow banked along the sides of the bridge, I take my pencil and do some light sketching in of where I want the "shadows & shapes" of the snow banked against the rail. Hopefully if you can see the sample photo of the basic outlines to indicate where the snow has been piled higher in some areas and lower in others. I do this all the way till I reach the far end of the bridge. Remember to continually do the "shadow" shapes smaller & smaller as the distance becomes farther & farther away. I then take my .25 mm pen and begin filling in my outlines. I will fill in with fairly tight stippling until I reach the outline of my "shadow" sketches, then begin gradually stippling looser and looser. Again, keep in mind to stipple lighter & lighter as you go farther & farther away. In the next blog I SHOULD...be completed with the banked snow and will begin on the road. I am really not quite finished with all the extra details I want to add to the bridges railings and the snow but I will be able to get a better feel of how I want my final pen work to play out as far as how dark or light I will shade something more when I have more filled in on my piece. http://360.yahoo.com/stacyvaughn68

No comments: