Monday, May 25, 2009

Sample photo for next Piece in Progress (Title unknown)


On the new piece I have begun I wanted to concentrate on how I create buildings and the techniques I use to do so. I have included a photo of North Republic, Michigan the subject I have chose to do. You can substitute what ever you want and I strongly encourage you to do so but if you want you can work along with this one.
I am roughly about 50% completed with this piece and on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being simple and 10 being extremely difficult I would rate this piece an 8 due to the fact that this will be mostly stippling and fine line work.
If you will be using the same subject photo as I am I suggest printing photo out as a 4” x 6” photo. Once you do that graph the photo out and then ready your working surface and then transfer that same graph to it by using this as a rule when graphing…if you have 1” squares graphed out on your photo then you can either transfer the same size to your work surface or what I do is enlarge it by at least a 1” = 1 ½” scale. Do not enlarge much over 2”. If you do go over 2” it will tend to distort the subject when transferring the sketch.
Get the graphing and layout sketch completed while waiting for next Monday’s post.

www.stacyvaughndavis.blogspot.com
www.flickr.com/stacyvaughn68
www.360.yahoo.com/stacyvaughn68
www.republicmichigan.com

No comments: