Monday, May 11, 2009

A Cold Decembers Day...Final Lesson and Sample for piece.


Now to complete the piece I completed the distant tree line much as I explained in the April 16th post but I will only use my .25 mm pen and I will not worry about any detailed trees, just use small vertical lines and remember to layer them and then if you have enough space add some very small pine trees by just scribbling them in quickly.
I then will take my .30 m pen and finish stippling in the area along the road. You will have to determine how much you want in your piece but I decided to stay true to this area and add some deer tracks along with my nieces footprints in the snow. Keep in mind where your source of light is and then stipple everything in according to how the shadows will fall. Once I have that completed I will then complete the sky by using my .30 mm pen and stippling in the clouds and filling in around those clouds with very tight uniformed stippling. Once that is finished I switch to my .25 mm pen and then add fine detailed stippling to the clouds. Just some loose stippling will work well. Refer to the completed piece for more detailed sample photo.
In the next post I will begin a new piece that I have yet come up with a certain title yet. This piece is more complicated and will once again have use of conte’ pencils again. Choose what subject photo you want to work on and then have your work surface prepared for next lesson.

www.stacyvaughndavis.blogspot.com
www.flickr.com/stacyvaughn68
www.360.yahoo.com/stacyvaughn68
www.republicmichigan.com

No comments: