Monday, March 9, 2009

Uh Oh!...lesson and sample #5


Basically for most of this entire piece I have been using only my .25 mm pen and .30 mm pen. Except for the night sky and also the crow’s which I used my .30 mm pen to outline the high lights on the wings and such then came back and filled in with a 1.20 mm pen which makes filling in large areas of ink so much easier although be careful because does lay down a large amount of ink and tends to dry slowly so pay attention to any chances of smearing the ink into areas you do not wish it to be. Once I completed filling in the large black areas I then used my .30 mm pen to just add some small quick line work to the feathers but not all of them. Keep some of them free of any ink to give more high lights to the birds wings.
Now for the background of the sky I used my .25 mm pen and used the swirl technique but much more tightly spaced then in any other piece I have covered before. It is extremely difficult so if you wish you can use either just a nice stippled in background or more loosely placed swirls. It really is a wonderful technique because it just makes you see movement in a 2 dimensional piece. For the clouds I just used some loosely placed stippling to add some depth and dimension and also texture to the clouds.
In next post I will cover the mediums I used to create myself and my hand. Any questions just email me and I’ll get back to you as soon as I possibly can.

http://stacyvaughndavis@blogspot.com
www.flickr.com/stacyvaughn68
http://360.yahoo.com/stacyvaughn68

No comments: