Monday, March 23, 2009

A Cold Decembers Day...


“A Cold Decembers Day…” This piece I was commissioned to do in late November. The subjects are my nieces Dana and Danielle. It was done for their Grandparents as a Christmas gift in 2008.
For this work I only used my .25 mm pen and my .30 mm pen. This work is a break from the last piece requiring less detail work mostly for the fact that it is only an 11” x 14” piece. I want you all to notice in the next post that I have included a photo of how I graph it out and also I want you to notice how I take many liberties on the actual composition itself. Like the fact that I added more snow than was actually upon the ground and also that I added less clouds but we’ll cover those things when we cross those bridges.
So in the mean time get your photo prepared and get your table and paper set up along with the graphs IF needed. This will be a simple piece and is ideal for the beginners also. Any questions just email me.

www.stacyvaughndavis@blogspot.com
www.flickr.com/stacyvaughn68
www.360.yahoo.com/stacyvaughn68
www.republicmichigan.com

No comments: