Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Uh Oh!...lesson and sample #3


After I completed the tree’s and foliage I then began the grass by using my .30 mm pen for the grass in the foreground then I switched to my .25 mm pen to finish off the grass towards the distant foliage. Refer to the study samples I have provided on my Flickr account. Every technique I use to create my works can be found there.
Once I completed the grass I began the stippling for the beach sand. First though I used my .30 mm pen to stipple in the footprints in the sand I had sketched in earlier. If you are doing just the beach scene I suggest you add footprints and maybe some dead wood that has washed up along the shoreline. This just adds visual interest and helps add 3 dimensionality to your work. Once I finished with these it was nothing but using my .25 mm pen to create the stippling in the beach…be patient, this will take a long time for the beginners.
In the next post I will be covering the waves and water and maybe begin covering the sky. Also I am thinking on finding a new site to post my lessons. I also post the same lessons on my Blogger account and will most likely switch entirely to that in the near future. I will continue posting photo samples of the lessons to Flickr so you may just go there also. Any questions just ask!

http://stacyvaughndavis@blogspot.com/
www.flickr.com/stacyvaughn68

No comments: